Terms & Conditions
1. Grant of License
- OtoCo grants the User a non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable right to use the Service on your personal computer or other device that accesses the Internet in order to access and use the services available and described on the otoco.io website (the website and all its functionality together being the "Service"), subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
- The Service is not for use by (i) minors and individuals under the age of 18 years, (ii) individuals who can be considered minors or under the age of majority adulthood in their specific jurisdiction(s) (iii) individuals accessing or using the Service from any jurisdiction in which it is illegal to do so. OtoCo does not have the ability to verify the legality of the Service in every jurisdiction, therefore it is entirely up to the User to determine whether or not their use of the Service is lawful.
- OtoCo and its licensors are the sole holders of all rights in and to the Service and code, technology, organization and structure, architecture, including copyright, trade secrets, intellectual property and other rights. You may not: (a) copy, create derivative works, distribute, publish, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, or translate the OtoCo website or the Service; or (b) use the Service that in any way is prohibited by applicable laws or regulations (each of the above herein defined as an "Unauthorized Use").
- OtoCo reserves any and all rights implied or otherwise, which are not expressly granted to the User hereunder and retain all rights, title and interest in and to the Service. You agree that you will be solely liable for any damage, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with the commission by you of any Unauthorized Use. You shall notify OtoCo immediately upon becoming aware of the commission by any person of any Unauthorized Use and shall provide OtoCo with reasonable assistance with any investigations it conducts in light of the information provided by you in this respect.
- The term "OtoCo", its domain names, “OtoGO” and any other trade marks, or service marks used by OtoCo as part of the Service (the "Trade Marks"), are solely owned by OtoCo. In addition, all content on the website, including, but not limited to, the images, pictures, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, music, audio and text (the "Site Content") belongs to OtoCo and is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property or other rights. You hereby acknowledge that by using the Service, you obtain no rights in the Site Content and/or the Trade Marks, or any part thereof. Under no circumstances may you use the Site Content and/or the Trade Marks without OtoCo's prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to do anything that will harm or potentially harm the rights, including the intellectual property rights of OtoCo.
2. No Warranties
- OtoCo disclaims any and all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the service which is provided to you "as is" and we provide you with no warranty or representation whatsoever regarding its quality, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy.
- Regardless of OtoCo's efforts, OtoCo makes no warranty that the service will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, or that defects will be corrected.
3. Authority / Terms of Service
You agree to the rules of the Service provided and described on the otoco.io website. OtoCo retains all authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of the Service. The decision of OtoCo's management, concerning any use of the Service, or dispute resolution, is final and shall not be open to review or appeal.
4. Your Representations and Warranties
- there is a risk of losing cryptocurrency & other funds of value when using the Service and OtoCo has no responsibility to you for any such loss;
- your use of the Service is at your sole option, discretion and risk;
- you are solely responsible for any applicable taxes which may be payable on cryptocurrency traded or transacted by you through your using the Service;
- the telecommunications networks, blockchain networks (such as Ethereum) and Internet access services required for you to access and use the Service are entirely beyond the control of OtoCo and OtoCo shall have no liability whatsoever for any outages, slowness, capacity constraints or other deficiencies affecting the same; and
- you are (i) aged 18 or over, (ii) you are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, (iii) you are accessing the Service from a jurisdiction in which it is legal to do so, (iv) you are not a Politically Exposed Person (PEP) nor are you on any U.S. or EU Sanctions lists or terrorism finance watchlists, and (v) that you will inform OtoCo immediately if you enter onto one of these lists or change your residence to a prohibited jurisdiction.
- You warrant that should you discover a bug or error that may lead to an exploit of the Service or other loss of funds from OtoCo, you have the responsibility to notify OtoCo at firstname.lastname@example.org in a timely manner. Furthermore, any attempt by you to use such a discovered exploit or bug for illicit financial gain is illegal and strictly prohibited under this Agreement. OtoCo reserves the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who exploits or attempts to exploit the Service in an unlawful manner. Such exploits or bugs should be disclosed in a responsible manner and in strict confidence with email@example.com and no other entity.
5. Cookies and Do not Track
- conducting research and diagnostics; and
- helping to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security.
- Third parties may set up cookies when you are browsing on our website. These are third party providers approved by us such as analytics services, search engines, social media networks.
- If you do not wish to receive any cookies you can adjust your browser settings so that your device does not accept them but bear in mind that by blocking all cookies this website won't work properly. Alternatively, you may manage your cookies settings to allow necessary and non necessary cookies here.
- At this time we do not honor “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that may allow you to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services as there is no standard for how online services should respond to such signals. As standards develop, we may develop policies for responding to do-not-track signals that we will describe in this Cookies Notice. However, our website does not track any personal information unless you intentionally provide it to us.
- We may change the provisions of this section at any time and will ensure to post the most up to date version on our website.
6. Prohibited Uses
Prior to your use of the Service and on an ongoing basis you represent, warrant, covenant and agree that:
- PERSONAL USE. The Service is intended solely for the User’s personal use. The User is only allowed to use the Service for personal use, and may not create multiple accounts, including for the purpose of collusion and/or abuse of service.
- EXPLOITS & BUGS. The Service is provided as is, and any exploitation of the Service or errors in program logic and/or code (bugs) constitutes a Prohibited Use and a material breach of this Agreement. Any funds the user may misappropriate in this manner pursuant to this clause shall be considered void and the immediate property of OtoCo, without limit.
- JURISDICTIONS. Persons located in or residents of the North Korea, Iran, Venezuela or any other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited from using the Service (the ”Prohibited Jurisdictions”) are not permitted to make use of the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the foregoing restrictions on Service from Prohibited Jurisdictions applies equally to residents and citizens of other nations while located in a Prohibited Jurisdiction. Any attempt to circumvent the restrictions on usage by any persons located in a Prohibited Jurisdiction or Restricted Jurisdiction, is a breach of this Agreement. An attempt at circumvention includes, but is not limited to, manipulating the information used by OtoCo to identify your location and providing OtoCo with false or misleading information regarding your location or place of residence.
Any and all monies (including cryptocurrencies) of a person located in a Prohibited Jurisdiction on the Service are VOID, and can be confiscated or may be returned to the person at OtoCo's sole discretion.
7. OtoGO: Applicable Regulations and Know your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policy
OtoCo is a permissionless and fully decentralised platform for blockchain entity creation and management.
As part of its Services, OtoCo provides User with the smart contract tools to create and distribute digital tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
In addition, OtoCo’s OtoGO launchpool functionality (“OtoGO”) lets User offer tokens for reservation by stakers (“Stakers”) who connect to User’s launch pool site via a URL generated on behalf of User as part of its Service. Stakers can then connect their wallet to User launchpool and pre-order User tokens by locking digital assets in a smart contract. At the end of the Staking period, User can Lock Stakers’ funds and activate a Distribution stage that transfers User tokens to the wallets Stakers connected with.
In this respect, OtoCo makes no warranty as to the merit, legality or juridical nature of any token creation, token reservation or token distribution using OtoCo (including whether or not it is considered a security or financial instrument under any applicable Securities Laws). It is entirely the responsibility of User to determine the laws and regulations that apply to the distribution of User token to Stakers at the end of the launchpool and the need to require KYC/AML of the recipients of the User token.
Irrespective of whether OtoCo as part of its future Service will provide User with tools to whitelist Stakers and enforce KYC by default, as a software development company, OtoCo has no role in determining the laws and regulations that may apply to the creation, transfer, reservation and distribution of User token, and the use of KYC/AML tools on OtoCo is completely at the discretion of User.
Therefore, and at the sole behest of User and/or competent regulatory authorities:
OtoCo reserves the right, at any time, to ask for any KYC documentation it deems necessary to determine the identity and location of a User. OtoCo reserves the right to restrict service and payment until identity is sufficiently determined.
OtoCo further reserves the right to share submitted KYC information and documentation to 3rd parties to verify the authenticity of submitted information, and the end User (you) agree to this by using the Service.
OtoCo reserves the right to confiscate any and all funds that are found to be in violation of relevant and applicable anti-money laundering (AML) and countering terrorism financing (CFT) laws and regulations, and to cooperate with the competent authorities when and if necessary.
OtoCo expressly prohibits and rejects the use of the Service for any form of illicit activity, including money laundering, terrorist financing or trade sanctions violations, consistent with various jurisdictions’ laws, regulations and norms. To that end, the Service is not offered to individuals or entities on any Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) lists, or subject to any United States, European Union, or other global sanctions or watch lists. By using the Service, end users represent and warrant that they are not on any such lists.
- Without prejudice to any other rights, if a User breaches in whole or in part any provision contained herein, OtoCo reserves the right to take such action as it sees fit, including terminating this Agreement or any other agreement in place with the User and/or taking legal action against such User.
- You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless OtoCo and its shareholders, directors, agents and employees from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees and any other charges whatsoever, howsoever caused, that may arise as a result of: (i) your breach of this Agreement, in whole or in part; (ii) violation by you of any law or any third party rights; and (iii) use by you of the Service.
9. Limitations and Liability
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall OtoCo be liable for any special, incidental, direct, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use (or misuse) of the Service even if OtoCo had prior knowledge of the possibility of such damages.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit OtoCo's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
If a User wishes to make a complaint, please contact OtoCo’s admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should any dispute not be resolved to your satisfaction you may pursue remedies in the governing law jurisdiction set forth below.
OtoCo reserves the right to update or modify this Agreement or any part thereof at any time or otherwise change the Service without notice and you will be bound by such amended Agreement upon posting. Therefore, we encourage you to check the terms and conditions contained in the version of the Agreement in force at such time. Your continued use of the Service shall be deemed to attest to your agreement to any amendments to the Agreement.
12. Governing Law
The Agreement and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the British Virgin Islands. You irrevocably agree that, subject as provided below, the courts of the British Virgin Islands shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning the Agreement and any matter arising therefrom and irrevocably waive any right that it may have to object to an action being brought in those courts, or to claim that the action has been brought in an inconvenient forum, or that those courts do not have jurisdiction. Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of OtoCo to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
If a provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision hereof or the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision hereof.
OtoCo reserves the right to assign this agreement, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. The User may not assign any of his/her rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- No waiver by OtoCo of any breach of any provision of this Agreement (including the failure of OtoCo to require strict and literal performance of or compliance with any provision of this Agreement) shall in any way be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of such provision or of any breach of any other provision of this Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall create or confer any rights or other benefits in favour of any third parties not party to this Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, agency, trust arrangement, fiduciary relationship or joint venture between you and OtoCo.
- OtoCo may assign, transfer, charge, sub-license, or deal in any other manner with this Agreement, or sub-contract any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement, to any other party.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between you and OtoCo regarding the Service and supersedes any prior agreement, understanding, or arrangement between you and OtoCo.
- CRYPTOCURRENCY VALUES CAN FLUCTUATE GREATLY IN VALUE DEPENDING ON MARKET CONDITIONS.
- THE USER WARRANTS THAT IT IS AWARE OF THE VOLATILE NATURE OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES, AND HOLDS OtoCo HARMLESS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM SUCH VOLATILITY.
Issued by OtoCo Labs Ltd.